Sunday, January 28, 2007

Teapot Swap

Way back in the end of November, I submitted teapot parts to Sherry Goshon for her teapot doll swap. I made five handles, embellished, to submit in my name. Other people made spouts, bodies, heads and hats and sent them in to Sherry, as well. Sherry mixed them up and sent them back to us. I received my parts last week -- face by Cherie Day, hat by Shashi Nayagam, handle by Linda Pieratt, and spout by Kathi Butler, and body by a mystery person!)

So far I've been playing with putting the parts together, but haven't made permanent attachments. I still want to do some embellishing on the body, and think I'll do that before I attach the other parts. Though it looks like there are buttons and trims on the body, it's just the way the fabric is printed. Here are a couple of different angles on the doll:

With a flash:



Without a flash:


These dolls are so cute when they are done. What a unique idea to mix up the parts. I'll post more when I get things firmly attached and embellished.

3 comments:

Kai said...

I think she's really, really PRETTY! The old-fashioned look of the body fabric seems perfect for the creamy richness of the handle & spout, Cherie's face is so sweet & demure - a good match for the fabric - and the hat is exactly right! I love her! I am eager to see ALL the teapot dolls!

Judi W. said...

What a lovely teapot! Can't wait to see what you do to her!

Jacque Uetz said...

Hi Sue, your tea pot is lovely. The pot is one Sherry made.I love all your parts AND together with Cherie's beautiful face just prefects it..it amazes me how well these TP come together!!I can't wait to see her embellishments.