I started a new doll this weekend. As always, I'm not satisfied with the face, so I may have to remake the head. I just glanced at the photo below and can't believe how lumpy the legs look! It's a trick of the camera, because they are nicely smooth, but I used a pale batik fabric with variations in the coloring for skin tone, and it looks like lumps!
This gal needs pretty undies...that's the current step. (See Sherry Goshon's face book in the background? I pull it out every time I do a face. If I didn't have that book, I'd be even more frustrated!)
The doll photos above are the left end of my work table, which is a restored antique library table with a cutting board on top. The photo below is the right end. It's a mess, but it makes sense to me. I wonder if all dollmakers take up space with a candle, roll of paper towels, and a calculator, along with a tool tray, fabric, thread and needles.
Look at that luscious Venise lace - I got two yards of it at Joann's - I wish I'd bought all they had, it's just so gorgeous. Oh, and that head with the stuffing protruding to the left of the black & multi batik - thanks to Molly, I have to re-make that doll head, too.