Monday, January 17, 2011

Better Day

What a difference one day of sunshine can make! Though I'm still not winter's biggest fan, I'm feeling much better. I think the primary reason was the vision of sunshine outside my workroom window. After weeks of gray skies, this was a welcome sight.


On Sunday, I met with a new-to-me doll club, and was so impressed and uplifted by the friendly, happy members. I came away newly inspired, and spent a good day sorting fabric, sewing, cutting, and stuffing. In fact, this group wears pin doll name tags, and even the two patterns for the pin doll are such joyful shapes, I had to make one of each!


My work table is once again littered with body parts, I have other projects in the wings - but the other end of my sewing room is back to being a disorganized mess. It feels good!


2 comments:

MaryO said...

It's so good to hear you are newly inspired by a good dollmaking group! Wonderful what a few days of sunshine and a compatible group of people can do for you! Looking forward to doll pictures!

Enchanted Doll Maker said...

Oh Sue, I'm so glad you had a good time at the dollmaking group. It's so funny that you made both pin dolls, that's too much! It was great to see that sunshine, too bad it didn't last very long though.