Basic body shape, on the painted and glazed base:
Working on her heart-shaped vest, a couple embellishments, and she'll be done:
At last month's meeting, we made a quick project of driftwood, wrapped with fibers and fabric, with molded faces. These are the two I put together, though I still need to do the final embellishing - I'm thinking a couple beads and something that dangles (of course):
I'm also practicing free-motion work on my newly acquired "Bernie." I feel very lucky to have some good online coaches - so far, my shoulders are not stuck to my ears, and my tangles have all been small enough to sort out on my own. Here's Bernie, the way she looked the day I brought her home from my rendezvous with a Craig's List seller in a parking lot:
I want this to be the year that I not only try techniques and mediums that are new to me, I want to focus more on making things I want to make, just for me (with the exception of soap and lotion products, of course). I think I'm off to a pretty good start.