Monday, March 02, 2009

Our Buddy dog

Last Thursday, our Buddy dog had surgery to remove his left eye, which had some worsening issues due to glaucoma. I find it still a little shocking to look at him, but I've been assured that once the hair starts to grow back, it won't look so terrible. I tell myself he's like one of those well-loved teddy bears, missing one of his button eyes.

Buddy is getting around beautifully, and seems happy and charming, despite all he's been through. I know he'll look better soon, so I'll share photos then!

8 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Poor mite but he looks happy inspite of his handicap

joggerellablog said...

Buddy seems to be a sweet dog...now he's a one eyed throw rug! My cat Coati (19 next month) had a cancer operation in January and seems to think she is a young teen again...They adjust really well!

Dolores said...

What a nice little doggie. I hope he is not feeling bad. My Baxter had to have 8 teeth pulled a couple of weeks ago but he is fine now. The vet only thought he needed to have two taken out but things were much worse.
Give him lots of hugs.

Serena Lewis said...

Your Buddy is a gorgeous dog even with one eye! How content and happy he looks...obviously well-loved. I hope all goes well with him from here-on.

Jennifer Rose said...

aww he is cute :D Looks happy and perfectly fine without that eye

Betty said...

Sure hope Buddy gets well soon.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Poor little thing. But he still looks like he's a happy dog. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see he looks happy and is adjusting well.