Sunday, June 13, 2010

Photo of the Week - Heirloom

Last Monday's theme was "Heirloom." This is one of the few pieces I have that came from my dad's side of the family. My grandmother called it a "dough bin," although during our stint in NC, we were told it's called a "biscuit table."
I'm not sure what the wood is, very close grained and light. My dad was upset when my mother hauled it home - he wanted nothing of that old stuff from his youth - only new and shiny for him.
It's a handy thing to have; for us, it finished off this cabinet perfectly. There's storage in the two drawers, more in the pull out bin, and the perfect place to stash small stuff...

...under the hinged lid!



4 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I LOVE IT! What a fabulous heirloom piece, Sue!

MaryO said...

This is beautiful, Sue. It complements your beautiful home perfectly.

JudiA said...

Compartments! I LOVE compartments! That is such a great piece - I'm glad your mom saved it.

Jennifer Rose said...

thats a great piece of furniture :D