Sunday, March 27, 2011

Projects

Recently I joined a second "cloth doll club," and both clubs are currently in the early stages of round robins. I went to one meeting and learned about metal shank button joints, and have decided that the learning/experimental doll should also be the round robin doll for the other club. She truly is an experimental doll, because I rarely work with doe skin (haven't in years, and prefer not to), and she has my first wonky attempt at the jointing technique I mentioned. The journal that travels with her is made of experimental techniques, as well.

She isn't really as ET-esque as she appears - I took the photo at an odd angle.

In the online group, Cloth Paper Studio, we are doing a swap of journal covers made from items we would normally trash - thus "Trash to Treasure" book covers. These are my offerings:
I have three other dolls in progress on my work table, and I need to make some little 3 inch dolls for a swap I'm hosting. Crazy woman. Gotta get this all out of my system before it's time to garden!

2 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wonderful to see all the lovely projects you are doing. Look forward to seeing this doll completed.

Unknown said...

Wonderful doll, can't wait to see how she turns out. She is already showing tons of character!!
Your journal pages/covers turned out really well, definitely Treasures :)