Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

It started like this:



At least I gave Gerry a good laugh. I knew I was a little bleary and weary from all the work we did on our loft remodel the day before. Needless to say, I wear my Crocs for EVERYTHING...painting, slippers, gardening. I wouldn't be without them, but it is nice when they match.


Then we found this in the living room:


I'm going to start a Cosmo count on this blog so we can track his catch and release program for 2007.


We ended the day with this...goodies on the grill (veggies, corn, marinated chicken breasts):


I also received cards from the kids, calls from the kids, and a patio/deck fountain/water garden from my DH. Weekends lately have been tiring, but good.

4 comments:

Jacque Uetz said...

I am laughing as I write this your shoe choice reminds me of Rhi..
What is that little critter??
Sounds like you had a great Mothers Day, what is in the pot? I want to try it:) I just bought a grill pan..

Sue said...

Believe me, the shoe choice wasn't deliberate.

The critter is a chipmunk (ground squirrel). The cat loves to catch them, bring them in, and release them in the house.

The grill pot has zucchini, asparagus, vidalia onions, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and cajun spice.

Linda Fleming said...

LOL! You shoe fashion is hilarious!

At least your kitty doesn't kill little critters and try to eat them like our horrid Jack Russell-LOL!

Kai said...

Hey! I think you could start a shoe trend! Love it! Do NOT love the idea of finding a chipmunk in my house! Yikes! And the yummy food? I'll be right over ...