Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Thing Leads to Another...

Tonight, after watching "Fringe" (I *love* that program!), I took a few things upstairs to the treehouse. All I planned to do was tuck a few art supplies into the proper drawers, and perhaps audition some fabrics for the "Jelly Bean" doll I plan to make (Sherry Goshon's newest pattern).

When I got into the space, I had an inspiration for the paperdolls I'm making for the CPS swap. I tried that - and it worked. Ultimately, before I put anything away or auditioned any fabrics, I finished all three paperdolls. Then I began the fabric thing. Normally, I love this part, and have too many choices, but things just didn't fall into place for me. I do have a set of fabrics by one designer, which happen to incorporate one of the very visible fabrics Sherry used on her version of the doll. I just don't want to copy that closely, but I had such a hard time putting that set back on the shelf.

I finally got it put together, but in the way of those things, I had any number of supplies to put away, plus, while looking for bits of stuff for the paperdolls, I found the tiny fake eggs I'd purchased last spring, and knew I needed them for the living room display under the cloche.

And again...one thing leads to another. I don't have pix of the paperdolls or the fabrics I chose, but here's the little cloche display from a couple different angles. Under the glass (which I bought with a Michael's gift certificate from my son and daughter-in-law) is an old occupied Japan cup with a nest that we've hauled around for years. A couple kinds of eggs in the nest, an egg ornament, a sparkly crystal that used to hang in the window, and Oldtimer's mother's butter spoon. Oh, I put on a tag I bought from Katie's Rose Cottage.

Here a a couple views of the cloche - light isn't very good at midnight, so watch for better photos soon.


8 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

I always marvel at what we find when we are looking for something else. Love the little nest and the egg. Glad you found it.

MaryO said...

That's a lovely cloche! And clever of you to use it for this little still life....very attractive!

Carla said...

What is this cloche? I was up at midnight too. Too late for this old bag.

sandy said...

This is beautiful. It has to me, such an Old World look to it.

Serena Lewis said...

A lovely display! I've never heard of a cloche before.

Jacque Uetz said...

Sue, always fun to see what you come up with! The cloche is lovely..fits you just fine:}

Sherry Goshon said...

OH i have a tings about nests and wow love what you have put together...awesommmmmmeeeeeeeee

GraceBeading said...

Love that little nest and egg!