Thursday, May 06, 2010

Long Road to Completion

Frankly, I don't remember when I took Pearl Moon's online class "Ancient Icons." I know I finished the first doll, and started this one - Asia - and then set it aside. I also happen to know I started it before we moved to Ohio, so it has to be at least five years.
These photos were taken outside, this morning, because I was so happy to have finally finished a project, I didn't want to wait to find and set up the light cube. I know the photo quality isn't the best...but you get the idea, right?
I love making Pearl Moon dolls. The detail is incredible, and the instructions impeccable. I wish she'd offer a few more online classes - or patterns.

6 comments:

MaryO said...

This one must have been fun to make! I really love lots of color and embellishment. She's beautiful.

Serena Lewis said...

WOW...all that detail! Good work on a job well done, Sue....she turned out great!

Enchanted Doll Maker said...

Hi Sue,
What a beautiful doll! It must be a great sense of accomplishment to finish a doll that has been hanging around for that long. She is wonderful.

JudiA said...

I have done several PRM dolls myself so I KNOW how much work goes into each one -- I hope you feel the sense of accomplishment you surely deserve! She turned out beautifully Sue.

ruthanne said...

I also just finished a PRM doll from about two years ago. I didn't know she did on-line classes. I really love her work and will post my pics soon. I have several, but light is so bad.
You doll is wonderful!

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is looking great so far Sue. So much embellishment you sure are having fun. I look forward to its completion.