Monday, May 03, 2010

Monday Photo - a Two-fer

This week's theme is "What's on Your Nightstand." As soon as Serena announced the theme, I went in and took a photo - I knew that if I didn't, I would be too tempted to edit it, and not tell the truth. So here it is - with only one book, one magazine, one bottle of water - and three bottles of my handmade lotion! One must have scent choices, you know.
Last week's theme was "Texture," but I never got my photo posted. I was too busy taking pictures of the rock garden! So here you have a lovely texture photo of a young robin's chest feathers. Aren't they amazingly detailed?

10 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I see you and I have a few similarities to what we keep on our bedside tables, Sue ~ :)

That chest of feathers makes an amazing textural display.

Jennifer Rose said...

I have a lot of lotions everywhere too lol def. need choices

that is such a neat photo of that robin :D

Sue said...

Jennifer, because I make lotions, I always have a variety of scents. Serena, I used to have STACKS of books on my nightstand, and on the floor, but this new dog knocks things over too often. She forced me to get tidy!

MaryO said...

I don't have a dog, Sue, but had to tidy up my bedside table because I kept knocking things off myself!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Sue,
I keep my bedside table neat because I am a neat freak. LOL
I don't like messes only in my studio. :)
Yours isn't that messy the lotion bottles are all in line. :)
Hugs

BumbleVee said...

hey, how'd you get that close to the baby robin? ...
I'm with Mary... tidy is best for me because I flail my arms a lot...even in my sleep.... I'm a Frenchman, what can I say? Well...half French anyway.... so anything even remotely close to the bed is in danger.

BumbleVee said...

I love the photo of the blondy lady in the pink with her huge kitty...

JudiA said...

Groan... I need a new house, LOL! How on earth did you get that fabulous photo of the bird feathers??

Sue said...

The poor baby robin was perched on the back of one of our metal deck chairs. It looked so stressed and confused. I took several photos, each one using the zoom a little more, and was able to get the chest feathers without too much shake in the camera. That's completely unedited!

Sue said...

BTW, Norma, I'm not a neat freak. When I break down and "commit a neatness" I can't find anything for weeks, maybe months. I'm too visual, I think, to have everything put away.