Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Cave Creek workshop

This year's Bernard/Goshon workshop in Cave Creek was spectacular.  Good food, good friends, and for me personally, very healing.  I don't know how Sherry and Jean do it, but their synergy is magical.

The vision I had going into this was of a lost and somewhat decomposing shrine, deep in a jungle, with a protector.  My first thought was more of a harpy-like protector, but after the addition of the two upright pieces (reminding me of Isis, in a way), and considering all the other things in my heart that weekend, the protector took on a more benevolent demeanor.

My finished piece - as yet unnamed or titled (all photos should be clickable for detailed viewing):








6 comments:

Enchanted Doll Maker said...

Sue, this is a spectacular work of art. It is so detailed, I can't believe all the work that you put in to this. It is just stunning.

Anonymous said...

The hair and fascinator add so much to her overall appearance. Great work on the colors and textures. You must be thrilled to be finished.
Diane

Shashi Nayagam said...

It turned out very beautiful. Actually it looks like a lost enchanting place. Well done Sue.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Seeing it complete... it looks to me as if she is guarding/watching over a well of... (good thoughts, good intentions, creativity, times, wishes, peace, benevolence).

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Her head and headpiece are magnificient! She does look benevolent as she watches over her magical kingdom of embellished green!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Or should I say Queendom?