Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cool Weather Arrives

Yes, it's really about time for the cool weather in NE Ohio. It's been unusually warm and dry this year, and the leaves are very late changing color. At this time last week, it was so unusually warm, I had to run the a/c. Yesterday, after two days of waking up in a very chilly house, I finally broke down and turned on the furnace. I hate to transition from a/c to furnace in one week. Not only are my sinuses wonky, I miss having a week or three or six to fling open the windows and let in some fresh air.

Before firing up the furnace, we tried just having the gas log burn for a while. It was a lovely way to start my Saturday, with my latte and a Victoria magazine and a fire in the fireplace, but...there was soap to make and dirt to spread (well, actually I had to watch someone else spread the dirt), and other Saturday chores. Cosmo, however, took full advantage of a lengthy snooze near the fire.
We have new topsoil in the bare spots in the lawn, and we're about to have all of that hydro-seeded. I'll share some before, during, and after pix soon.

3 comments:

Judi W. said...

I'd love to have my yard hydroseeded but they charge a minimum of $500, sigh. The photo looks warm and inviting. I'll be over for a fireside chat next week, LOL.

Kai said...

MOVE OVER, COSMO! Aunty Kai wants to share your cozy-looking spot on the couch! Wow, Sue! That is the MOST inviting room. Your home, inside and out, is worthy of a photo shoot in a VERY high-class magazine! It's absolutely lovely!

Jacque Uetz said...

What a cozy room..sure looks inviting..