Tuesday, April 21, 2009

An Experiment

I have yet to figure why some photos I upload are clickable and enlargable, and others are not. I thought it depended upon how much I cropped and edited, but that is not the case.

Last night, I quickly posted my photo of the week, and a couple others from the weekend. I did nothing to enhance, crop, or reduce size. I thought they would be clickable - I was wrong.

Here are the same three photos, changed - some with very little change, one with a great deal. I want to see what happens...


By the way, in the category of general grousing, I do not understand some other quirks of Blogspot, when it comes to editing.  When I first started using Blogger, I could drag photos around my post, but now more times than not, it balks at letting me drag a photo.  AND, when I upload multiples, I have to do it in reverse order of how I want them posted - which is a change.  I seem to do a lot of editing now on the HTML tab, trying to figure out where one photo ends and the next begins, so I can move it within the post.  Seems like a poor plan - probably some sort of enhancement for the geeks, but not for people like me...

7 comments:

Sprite said...

Hi Sue! Nice photos :) Glad you had a nice weekend!

I noticed that too, I thought part of the problem was when we resize/edit certain images too much after they are uploaded and in the preview pane, since it does it to some and not others. It doesnt seem to happen when I do all my resizing/editing in adobe and once uploaded I do very little resizing if I can help it. If I need to move the image, I highlight it, right click on the mouse and hit cut, scroll down to were I want it, Right click and hit paste. When back into preview mode, mouse over the photo, if it gives you an arrow and it looks like you can click on it, it will be clickable when you upload it, if you don't see that little arrow go back into your post, remove the image and reinsert it :)

I'm not sure if this is the proper answer or if it helps, but its working for me :D

Have a great day sweetie!

Big hugs,
Sprite

Carla said...

Great shots!! I had that problem a few times but not lately. I don't do my editing in the html tab. I use the compose tab. Then I drag my photos around. Sometimes it's a pain in the rear.

Debra said...

What? You're not a techno-geek? :) hah. JK.

Shashi Nayagam said...

I find editing and uploading photos in my posts frustrating too. Hope they will make it easier for likes of us soon. The flowers are beautiful.

Serena Lewis said...

I have had the problem of some images being unclickable when I've uploaded multiple images in one hit. Now, I upload each image separately and then, click save after each image upload, and the problem hasn't occurred since. Maybe Blogger is prone to this glitch when uploading multiple images in one hit??

I prefer to edit in the HTML tab and will only preview a post, before publishing, in the Compose mode.

BumbleVee said...

all the pics are enlarging for me...even if two are very large...

I do all my composing and uploading of photos in the "compose" box.... I am able to drag pics around once I get them there... although sometimes I have to click enter til one goes below the other before I can move one or two...but, they all still move eventually. I bit of clicking around...

Chaska Peacock said...

All of you are smarter than I when it comes to Blogger. I have almost no control of the photos when I am on Firefox. I can drag them when I use IE, but it's too erratic.