Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bridal Wreath

When I was a child, I loved these shrubs.  I thought the name so poetic, and loved the arching branches covered with scores of miniature bouquets.  Somewhere along the line in my memory, someone had one that was large enough for us to sit under and hide.

Sometimes Lolo would help me clip a piece and use bobby pins to clamp it down in my hair.  That small bit of pretty made me feel so special.  (Yes, I know we need to weed the front garden bed...)
Aren't they pretty in the sunlight?  Joyful, simple little flowers.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

it is very pretty :D never seen it before so thanks for the pictures.

BumbleVee said...

I love those too... never knew what it was called.... I could always do with another bush around here.... maybe that will be my next choice. I have an ancient Nanking cherry that is dying off in many spots and is beginning to look not so nice... ... perhaps a change is due....

Debra said...

Sue, I love bridal wreath! When I landscaped my back yard I put in a row of bridal wreath along the back fence. It's in full bloom now (momentarily). In order to enjoy its beauty all week, I clipped a handful of the drapey beautiful branches to have in a vase at my front desk at work and people love it. It really is romantic, isn't it?! For those who aren't familiar, Bridal Wreath is a type of Spirea.

:Diane said...

Grow like crazy in Houston everywhere but at my house. I have too much shade, I say, too many tree roots, I complain; too lazy to dig any more holes is the absolute truth.
Thank you letting me enjoy yours!