Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Monday Photo - Late Again



At least this week I have an excuse!  I've been crazy-busy!  I did have a lovely visit, though, with my daughter, and yesterday alone I shipped out (with the help of my Oldtimer) 18 packages.  Ever since I announced the closing of the fragrance oil portion of my business, things have been a little wild.

Since Bekah was here, we decided to celebrate my Oldtimer's birthday this past weekend (but he'll still get an ice cream cake on Thursday.  He seems fond of his new iPhone.  What an amazing piece of equipment - but it did cause me to reminisce about my mother giving me a dime to keep in my shoe when I went on a date, in case the guy turned into a creep and I had to use a pay phone to call and get a ride home.  My, I feel ancient.  Do you suppose one can even find a pay phone these days?

I really wanted to share with you the beautiful spring flowering trees in our yard.  I love that dark pink flowering crab, and I love seeing it on one side of the porch post, with the ornamental pear blossoms on the other.  I do think, however, that I have to upgrade the appearance of our porch posts!

Sorry about the vehicles peeking through the branches in the first photo.  In the second photo, with just the ornamental pear, when you look at the enlarged version of the photo you can also see the quince which is blooming off in the distance.  The bottom photo is of the crab alone.  Isn't that a gorgeous color?  Too bad the blossoms are already dropping.

6 comments:

HElen said...

Those blooming trees are very pretty!

I did even not notice the car until you mentioned :)

Serena Lewis said...

I didn't notice the cars either in the first pic until you mentioned it. The trees are so pretty in bloom ~ :)

Jennifer Rose said...

they do look so pretty :D shame they are so short lived :/

Shashi Nayagam said...

The trees look pretty. Isn't spring a wonderful time of the year.

BumbleVee said...

Beautiful blooms....

hahha...it used to be a dime in my day too Sue.... it you do find a pay phone these days...the cord is usually dangling ...no phone left to use.... or.... you never have the correct change...and I have no clue what it is now... it was 35 Cents when I used one a few years ago....

MaryO said...

Your flowering trees are gorgeous, Sue. I really wouldn't love Spring because of the unpredictable weather, except for lovely spring blooms like these.