Friday, August 20, 2010

Two Blankets

These two simple baby blankets were started a long time ago, and I just never got the satin edge on them. Finally, decided I better finish them up quickly before I went to Minneapolis to meet the new grandbaby. I brought them out of the bag, and asked Olivia to choose which one went to her, and which to her baby sister. She, lover of all things princess, rainbow, and PINK naturally chose the one on the left. (Isn't that a great fabric? I think it looks like rows of corn, but it's a Kaffe Fassett print called "bead stripe.") Now I'm working away on other things - to be shared soon!


3 comments:

Griselda said...

ohhh they are so lovely.
I found Veronica's baby blanket, it is only 32 years old...but I washed it and the edge came apart and tangled all up...now...I guess I will have to "twist someone's arm" to finish it for me so I can give it to my grandson... grinz*

Shashi Nayagam said...

How gorgeous I love the rainbow coloured one especially.

Wendy said...

These are lovely, well done for finishing them. I hope you have a lovely stay with your new grand-baby