Monday, January 14, 2008

A Little Bit of Creativity

Though I worked on both practical and fun things this weekend, I haven't had much time in the treehouse. I did manage to complete two projects, though, and I'm well pleased with both.
The first item is my January beaded square for the monthly challenge on the ClothPaperStudio list. I worked in peach, copper, and a touch of purple, calling my January square "Prosperity."

I'm also in an Altered Wearable round robin. You might remember the pure white silk jacket I posted a while back - well, this is what I ended up doing. First I stamped random stars using a Jacquard antique gold resist. Then I used a wine colored dye, striving for both a mottled and a shaded effect. The shoulders are the darkest portion, and it gets gradually lighter as you work toward the hem. Today it is off to the next person on the list.
Here's a little hem detail...
I have lots and lots of things to do on my creative list. I feel so much better when I get some creative time. However, right now my creative time must go toward getting the new soap and fragrance site up at www.oldtimerlily.com (and work the day job, of course).

5 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

They are both gorgeous!! Happy New Year

Kai said...

It does MY heart good to see you finding some treehouse time! Beautiful beading! Love the colors! And your addition to the RR is lovely! It will be such fun to see these finished!

Yvette said...

The beading is beautiful! I love the jacket. They are both gorgeous!! :o)

Jacque Uetz said...

Sue, love them both, I can't wait to add to Judi's jacket you gave a great direction ..

arlene said...

This is fantastic! I love the colour.