Monday, January 07, 2008

A Place to Create

This weekend was filled with housework, and re-organizing, and deciding which of my creative projects I wanted to do. (I'm using a to-do list in my Google home page to keep track of creative projects.)

I have several DIPs, but I'm also hosting a beaded button doll swap on the CPS list, and I'm participating in the monthly "beaded mini" challenge in that group. And finally, I've been part of a group that organized several months ago - an altered wearable art round robin - and though I shipped my jacket to be altered in October, our first shipping date is just coming up, and I haven't started on the piece I received. I have to be the first to "alter" a jacket, which is really more to embellish a totally blank new piece.

The beaded mini travels well, so I set up this little corner in the family room, with an Ott floor lite, for working on my 1 1/2" square piece.

Here's what I've accomplished so far with it:

And here's JudiA's beautiful silk charmeuse jacket. I finally know what I'm going to do with it (to it?) and just haven't gotten there yet. Talk about a blank slate! It's a little intimidating. (And no, I'm not adding any of those feather boas you see hanging near it - draped over the door is their normal storage spot.)

We made a trip to Target today, and I acquired two more ways to store my art stash. Oldtimer and I spent an hour or two, crawling around the guest room floor, putting them together. Photos soon.

1 comment:

Jacque Uetz said...

Wow, I am glad it is up to you to start this one LOL!! Beautiful but as you said could be intimidating..I can't wait to see the direction you take us...
Happy New year Sue,the pink soap was a hit!!