Friday, January 09, 2009

Photo A Day - 9

I just can't hold it to one photo today, I have too many good photos of the gentle snow that fell.

When my Oldtimer stepped out to leave his office today, there was a huge gaggle of geese, having a snooze on the pond in front of his office. Here they are from two angles - aren't they something?





And here are the Hairy Boys, on the trail of some scent - most likely the deer we've been feeding (outside the dogs' range).

And, adding one more nose, maybe they'll get it figured out...

Here's that sweet Murphy boy with a little crest of snow on his nose.

We're supposed to have a lot more snow tonight and tomorrow (6 to 10 inches); I'll probably have more to share on day 10.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been getting more too and still more to come, love the pictures of the dogs sniffing around. and Murphy looks like a sweetheart!

Linda Fleming said...

Loved the picture of the dogs- they all look so sweet and loveable. And what a gaggle of geese! I thought geese went south in the winter.

Serena Lewis said...

I love doggy pics! Great shot of the geese too but Murphy won my heart...such an adorable face.

HElen said...

Love the pictures with geese and Murphy is a charmer!

MaryO said...

We get lots of geese in our area, too, and are awakened many mornings by gunfire as hunters prey on the flocks.
I am enjoying so much the photos that you and others in this group are posting of your dogs. Makes me hanker for one of my own!

BumbleVee said...

awww..... always love a big doggie looking directly into the lens....

Mike Fleming said...

Always enjoy seeing others dog pictures. Are all three dogs yours?

Deb Smith said...

Oh! Dear Sweet Murphy - His muzzle has turned all gray over the years!! (has mine?)