Monday, July 22, 2013

Learning the new birds and critters

Those of you who are my friends on Facebook know that I've been posting a lot of photos of all the things I have to learn about the various birds, bugs, and other critters.  Some of the birds, like ravens and the hummingbird, I already knew.  Others, like the turkey vultures, took me a while to be sure. 

The birds, starting with quail:
 
 
Broad tailed grackle:
 
Hummingbird:
 
And a roadrunner:
 
We don't seem to have any photos of the turkey vultures yet, but will soon, I'm sure.
 
Today's offerings - Couch's Spadefoot:
 
Gecko:
 
Carpenter bee:
 
And, of course, the Dr. Seuss plants:



 I'm sorry I don't have photos of the turkey vultures yet - I'm sure I will soon.  The raven and the mockingbirds have avoided having photos taken, as well. 

It's just so much fun to have so many new things to learn!






No comments: