Wednesday, March 21, 2007

ATD (Artist Trading Dolls)

Sherry Goshon has started a new group called Artist Trading Dolls. It's a great idea...similar to paper dolls, but mixed media. Anything goes. We're starting out with a swap a month or so, and this month we had the option of two different templates. I chose a one-on-one swap, using the unusually shaped template that Sherry provided.

I already have a wonderful doll from my swap partner, Debb, but I'm not sure which of these will go to her.

Here's the first one. I've titled her: "Surgeon General's Warning: Excessive Self-Reinvention May Cause Enlarged Belly Button."



And this next one is called: "Jewels Fell From Her Lips, But She Had Chocolate in Her Heart."
Aren't these fun?

12 comments:

Judi W. said...

These are just fabulous! What fun! What long titles, ha ha ha. I only said that because you pointed it out. It really does work for them though, doesn't it!

Kai said...

These are both so wonderful! The titles are a BLAST & spot on! Don't know how you manage to add all the embellishments to tiny pieces & have them come out exactly RIGHT - never overdone! I think that, in itself, is a real talent! Two great ATDs!

Anonymous said...

Wow these are great! Unique and fun!!

Helen in the UK said...

These are GREAT!!! Love the quirky shaped pattern :)

MaryO said...

They're simply delightful, the dolls and the titles, too! You're having toooooo much fun!

Yvette said...

Those are both so fun and unique!! I love them. I like their names too!!

Drusilla_Deja said...

These are great. They remind me of the Angels with Attitude a lady from my church makes.

www.drusilla.net

Shashi Nayagam said...

Love your ATDs what fun they are and so unique

Linda Fleming said...

Hi Sue! Your dollies are o cute! I see from everyone's blogs that you all have had fun with these ATDs.
Linda F from FL

Duane and Nancy said...

Very cute!

Can I have some of your energy. I don't know how you keep up with it all. You're my heroine!

jandee said...

Oh Sue-- they are adorable-- and love their names!! How clever!!If I tried to do something like that it would be a mess!!SO I keep it simple hmmmm Hugs Jan D

Linda said...

I don't know which I like best...the names or the ATDs...they are very clever.