Saturday, December 22, 2007

There'll Be Some Changes Made

Good changes, I promise.

I've been selling fragrance and a few soapmaking supplies on the web for...oh, I don't know how many years now. I've been using the easy but limited Freemerchant/Safeshopper set up, but have been toying with the idea of making some changes. To my benefit, Freemerchant forced me to make some decisions, by discontinuing their little storefronts, so off I go, into the world of grown-up internet commerce.

In all my musings about what to do, what to do, I had finally decided that I was going to grow the storefront a bit, by adding more soap fragrances, a couple more luxury base oils, and feature more of my own soaps, including photos. I knew I'd get to it eventually, really.

Well, having always worked better under pressure, I am grateful to have been pushed in this direction. The problem is that between the full-time day job, and Oldtimer and my addiction to playing Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, I haven't put much together, and those Freemerchant folks are shutting down in mid January. Lousy time to pull that, don't you think? I have shopping and shipping to do!

Enter the cavalry. I'm getting help, good help, from Jim Lillicotch. He saved our bacon a few times at my day job, too. He's helping me put together a fresh new page, a secure new shopping cart, and maybe...oh just maybe...some automated shipping cost calculations. I know I've been driving you folks crazy with making you wait for that total.

For now, just know that we're shooting for a look that's clean, modern, and uncluttered with just a hint of rustic (like my sign and labels).

So, all you folks who have been unnerved by the appendage of "safeshopper" on my domain name, will be able to rest easy when it becomes simply www.oldtimerlily.com; all you folks who want to see before you buy, will get photos of the actual soaps; and everything will still be nice and secure, shipped promptly and smell divine. Nirvana.

No comments: