Thursday, September 06, 2007

Journal Pages Swap

Recently, I hosted a "Journal Pages Swap" on the CPS list. The rules were to make a sturdy page, 5" X 7" that was decorated, had at least one original element (not photocopies of one page that the artist made), and was decorated yet able to be added to. Basically, some heavy-duty 5 X 7, well embellished backgrounds.

My work is below. It looks pretty puny to me after the gorgeous pages I received and swapped out. Amazing stuff. Still, I had fun doing them, and am inspired to make more and more, using some of those supplies I've purchased and never really used. For these in the photos, I've used watercolor crayons, mod podge, Twinkling H2Os, modeling paste, handmade paper, vintage magazines, stamp pads, and hole-less beads, plus a few other things (like candy wrappers, corrugated cardboard, brass charms...). I've been dreaming up some other stuff while at work, and can't wait to go home and try some new stuff.


1 comment:

Kai said...

If that's 'puny', you & I have been looking at very different definitions of the word! Sue, they're lovely! Each one is so varied and fun to look at! Can you guess my favorite? I'm going to see if you can! LOL! You do NOT create 'puny' art! Your creations are lovely, classy, and always beauifully finished! These fit right into that category!