Thursday, August 03, 2006

It seems so odd...trying to find a name for my blog. I was hell-bent and determined that I would be able to use the same name as the website I did a few years ago (and have since pulled down) with my personal, spiritual name -- Windwhisper. Apparently, someone else is using that, and I couldn't get to use it no matter how I tried! Why I didn't think to use the business name, especially since I plan to post some soap pix eventually, I don't know. So as I sat on the creation page, trying to come up with a name, I thought of the little mini business I planned to start a year ago -- and used my mother's old nickname. So odd -- also just about a year ago, I finished some therapy which peaked with the journaling and realization that "mama doesn't live here any more...." It was such an important break through for me, and now I've reverted to being her child? Matters not...maybe this was another break through!

I've used a photo for my profile that is the most recent of just me, except for those where I'm working and sweaty in the garden, or some rump shot that I'd rather not publish right now. Of course, if this bout of dieting is successful, I could always do a before and after rump shot...

So here I am, joining the blog world, and thinking more and more that it will be about the art projects and the critters and my egg-beater brain...

1 comment:

Kai said...

One of coolest blog names I've come across! 'Nother cool one is from a quilter named Willa. Her blog is called In the Willawags! Being a 'word' person, I tend to really NOTICE things like blog names, street names, book titles, etc. I think you picked a great one!