Friday, January 05, 2007

Medusa is back



I can only post a little bit of what I'm working on. Actually, my main project right now is the Wish for the New Year Angel challenge doll and I can't post pix of that till the challenge is over (assuming I get it done in time!) but every so often, I take a break and work on whatever DIP starts pestering me.

This Medusa I started months ago. I was going to test the pattern, and got a little fed up with the omissions in the directions and had to take off on my own. I figured it wouldn't be a very good example for testing, so I set her aside.

So far, I've sewn two heads and haven't gotten the face right, so I painted them out with gesso, and started over. Wednesday night I remembered that I had these rather eerie, almost serpentine looking eyes that I bought from Barb at Joggles, so decided they'd been waiting for the Medusa. I've done the work on the face so far on the flat white of the gesso, and feeling it's just odd enough for the Medusa. Whaddya think? Kind of creeepy?

4 comments:

Judi W. said...

Those are some wild eyes! Love the angle. I am going to look forward to seeing where you take her!

Kai said...

Whew! I'm SO glad you INTENDED her eyes to be somewhat 'eerie' because they ARE. But I love the shape & the fact that you used finished rather than painted eyes! Gives her a glazed look perfect for Medusa! I'll be VERY interested in seeing what you choose for hair! She's going to be wonderful!

Jacque Uetz said...

I can't wait to see her finished.Great face I think the eyes fit her look perfect.

jandee said...

I think Angels and fairies should have different eyes to set them apart Love them and cant wait to see her done Hugs jand