Thursday, May 17, 2007

Only details left..,

The sewing is done. The little poof sleeves gave me more trouble than anything else on this doll. It really isn't the pattern, it's the fabric I chose. Still, I had it stuck in my head, and nothing else would do.


I have to better arrange and secure the boa hair, trim the breasts, put a "jewel" on her left hand (instead of a pin to hold her hand in place), decorate the base, the wrists, and secure the necklace. I'm wondering what she should be holding in her right hand!


I just love this pattern; it has so many possibilities, and is so manageable.Does she look a little pregnant?

5 comments:

Judi W. said...

She's wonderful! I love the colors - her hair is just perfect! I can't wait to see what she is going to hold. Yep, she has a bit of a tummy - although how big depends on the stretch of your material and how you stuff her! Thanks SO much for testing this for me - you're THE BEST!!!!

TheMavenMaker said...

She is quite a wonderful woman. Love her. The tummy just gives balance to her hips (LOL) She is strutting her stuff. A Flamenco Dancer in another life.

Kai said...

Long as it isn't a GUN she's holding ... LOL! Boy, is she ever GORGEOUS! Love her tummy!!!!! She looks lke a real woman instead of a - well - doll! You know what I mean. You chose wonderful colors, and her hair is well-suited to her overall look! Great job! I can't wait to make one!

jandee said...

She is great Sue!! BUt I just expect that from you !!NIce to be back on the computer MIssed all this.. Hugs JAN D

Anonymous said...

She reminds me of Barbra Streisand. She could be holding a mirror!
:Diane