Friday, October 12, 2007

What a Mail Day!

Oh my goodness, I think I've gone to heaven. Back a few months ago, I mentioned that Victoria magazine was making a comeback. My first issue arrived in the mail today, and it's as good as it was back when. It's like an old friend, or going "back home" and having it still be comfortable after an extended absence. I haven't finished making my way through the entire magazine yet, but I already have websites to visit, a trip to take, and new perfumes to sniff.

THEN, I got the box of fabrics I ordered from eQuilter.com! Last week, I had to follow-up on the wonderful and amusing fabrics I spotted on Monica Magness' blog, which led me to make a purchase in the first place. Aren't these something?And while I was there, I had to get a couple more of the Laurel Burch mermaid fabrics. Look at these:
I love the dots. My mother always told me that polka dots are lucky.

Now...the other wonderful thing I ordered! eQuilter sells a surprise package of 3 pounds of scraps. These aren't junky and mis-shapen scraps, they are end pieces and nice sizes. The only problem I can see is that I've absolutely fallen in love with a couple of the scraps, and I really hope I can find them in yardage. Granted, there are a couple I might not use, but there are more that I will. Here's the cute little 3 pound bundle, all tied up nicely with bow-printed fabric:

Look at these red polka dots, and the beautiful green concentric rings:
But the front three on this batch have to be my real favorites. Look at that orange and fuschia stripe! And the black and white floral! And the pink and brown floral. Oh my goodness, I love that pink and brown floral! (I think I just used my weekly allotment of exclamation points.)
Tomorrow is Saturday! (oops) Even though it's going to be chilly, my Oldtimer has yardwork planned. I have lots of things to do here, including a B&B soap shipment, a soap order to pour, and playing in the treehouse with my fabrics! (What is wrong with me? It appears I've been possessed by the exclamatory gremlins.)

4 comments:

Deb Smith said...

In keeping with exclamation points... I love the pink & brown floral!!! It immediately caught my eye, naturally. Me & pink, you know.

Enjoy your time in the treehouse!

Judi W. said...

I've bought that scrap pack before! I use the fabrics I'd never buy in a million years for experimenting with. That way I don't waste the good stuff!

Kai said...

Ooooooh! That fabric you bought - the one with the faces - is AWESOME! I especially love the black and white! I tried to click on and enlarge the pictures but couldn't. I was trying to see your 'scrap' pieces up close! BEAUTIFUL! I saw one I fell in love with. NO! It's NOT red! LOL! Glad you received your magazine! There's absolutely NOTHING like a magazine which is an 'old friend'! Believe it or not, I subscribed to Martha Stewart Living for 5 years, and couldn't WAIT for its arrival. I just felt comforted, inspired, RELAXED when I read it. Sometimes I'm STILL tempted to subscribe. You had a GREAT mail day!

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Sue - I have the same trouble (with !!) I think it is to compensate for lack of other visual stimuli such as my hand movements and facial expressions!! Your blog is such fun - love those fabrics...