Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Mail Giftie!

A couple months ago, I hosted a fabric cone swap on the CPS list - cones done in the style of Ruth Rae, whose blog is listed over there on the right. My friend Phyllis felt as though she couldn't participate at the time, but she was later moved to make a cone anyway. Just so happens she made it in my favorite colors, and then gifted me with it. Aqua is a color that just makes me so happy - it's the perfect color for me.
Here's a photo of the cone, hanging on my front door:

And this is what it looks like from the inside looking out:
You can also see my newly painted rockers through the window. We got them painted a couple weeks ago - they had been varnished wood which was terribly worn. Now I just have to make a couple of cushions for the rockers. I have the fabric chosen - I just need to remember how to fire up the serger!

Thanks Phyllis - I just love this fabric cone. I'll post photos of this month's gifties soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy you like the felt cone! I loved making it and digging out special embellishments for you...and the new painted rocking chairs are really pretty!