Monday, March 02, 2009

Jelly Bean & UFOs

I've mentioned to several of you that I've been working with Sherry Goshon's "Jelly Bean" cloth doll pattern. I'm still not done, but the following two photos show what I've finished so far. As much as I love this doll, and as easily as she's gone together so far, I now am having a devil of a time with her head wrap, and will probably do it over a couple more times before I'm satisfied. The second photo is very similar to the first, but you can see some of the other fabrics and sundries I'm working with for this doll.


We're also starting a new challenge today with a lot of the same folks who did the photo-a-day through the month of January. This is a UFO (unfinished object) challenge, and as you can see from the following two photos, I have plenty of those! I still have the dolls from last April's Doll Gala (the shame of it all...), a cigar box shrine, a beaded cat, two baby blankets, the mannequin from Jean Bernard's online class, and the wire and instructions for a "Whimsy Wabbit." Not included in this photo is the Pearl Moon doll I made over 5 years ago, still missing her shoes. Only her shoes. I could be finished if I would just make the ding-dong shoes. Oh, shoot...I just realized that two of the other unfinished dolls don't show in this photo! I have a Medusa doll, and a different Pearl Moon doll that didn't get moved into the scope of this photo. You'll just have to use your imagination!

And in the following photo are the unfinished clothing pieces... From left to right - the wearable art round robin piece belonging to Natalie Hamade, and hanging on my door hoping for some "under the sea" inspiration; an "Altered Ex's Shirt" which needs the addition of a piece of lace I received from Rice Freeman Zachary, which has the definite shape of a uterus, thus causing me to want to applique it to the back of this shirt that used to belong to my ex - because I know how much it would irk him; and denim jacket I got for cheap and over-dyed, but needs more work to keep from being boring. Forget the boas - that's just where I store them.

In the next few days, I'll be posting the names and links of the others playing along in this challenge. You can watch and see if we get anything done. Incidentally, I have many, many more projects cooking in my brain, but they aren't even started yet (except for supply purchases), so I'm not calling them UFOs YET. They include a couple fabric purses/totes, a "twirly skirt" for Miss Olivia, a wool felt jacket for myself, and some special journal work.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is turning out lovely. I love th fabric you have chosen for her

Dolores said...

LOL, I am so glad you showed us your UFOs or WIP. I have too many to count or to round up for a photo op. I love the doll, she's cute.

MaryO said...

Your Jelly Bean is such a cutie! I love the fabrics you're using.
I can relate to your collection of UFOs...I think we all have way too many of those!

Karen Becker said...

Sue, I love your JellyBean! Great fabric choices. Poor little Buddy, but I'm glad he's recovering well.
Karen

Sherry Goshon said...

awww your jellybean is darling what a wonderful face and fabrics...awwwwww you make me proud...