Friday, April 30, 2010

Randomness


Or maybe this should be titled, Keeping Myself Pulled Together (Barely).
It's been a strange day. It was supposed to be a quiet Friday morning with the house to myself for a while, finally. It seems like there's been someone around, strangers in the pantry, on the roof, working in my family room forEVER. But, it was not to be. By 8:30 am, three pages into the magazine I'd been saving, and less than a half a cup of coffee down, I realized it was hopeless, and got dressed, poured away the coffee. Disappointed.

Earlier, I was making Gerry's breakfast, and had so much trouble cracking an egg, I put my thumb right through the yolk. I've been making eggs for how many years now? Let's not even count, it's frightening.

My errand and shopping plans went awry, Gerry slaved in the new rock garden all day (and caused me some concern), and apparently I cooked for the first time in my life tonight. I shattered a custard cup, threw capers around the counter, caused sparks in the microwave, found out I was out of a major ingredient halfway through the pie I was making, and burned my fingers on the oven door. Oh, and let's not forget thinking it was safe to add to the whipping cream in the blender, opening the lid, and covering myself in spattered whipped cream!

Despite all that, there were good things today. Like the geese having a little moonlight swim on the pond: (oh, how I wish you could hear the frog-song right now, and smell the lilacs!)

Like the beautiful containers of the spices that arrived today (and the Fooled You peppers that arrived a couple days ago):
Look at the results of plant shopping! Can't wait to see them in the new rock garden.
And found this happy dancer for the garden - 50% off:
Here's the rock garden:
I can't believe how much Gerry has gotten done in two days! He's really a rock-hauling, dirt-stomping hero!

7 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Ah, it sounds like you just had one of those days. But look how beautiful your rock garden is getting. Hope your weekend is better.

Serena Lewis said...

(((Hugs)))

I hate days like that....days that I wonder why I bothered getting out of bed at all. It's great to see you spotting those positives though...I think they are the things that help to keep us sane on those crazy-messed-up days.

The rock garden is looking fabulous, Sue...can't wait to see the plants in their new home.

BumbleVee said...

awwww what a crappy day it was! Tomorrow will be better. I feel for you with workmen stomping all over the place.... it's horrible....

LOvely rock work... your hubby is a keeper... and your lady you got for your garden is great.... can't wait to see her in your greenery somewhere...

wish I had some greenery... the grass is just beginning to green up and my daffodils did bloom early.. oh, and I do have the tiny little violets.... so I guess I do have some.. I better quit complaining...

Anonymous said...

this is so odd. i found your blog because i got an email about a 40th class reunion. one thing led to another, and i am looking at your dolls, rocks, soap, etc. and had no idea you were so artistic. i love your dolls. this is the same person who was the homecoming queen, correct? and you are now married to gerry, the football player? anyway, i love reading about lolo, your animals, and looking at all the pics. you probably don't remember me, but we did graduate together. i was very shy. you weren't.
keep up the great writing !!!

Sue said...

Oh, dear...I wish I knew who Anonymous was! I'm so sorry, but not only was I never a homecoming queen, Gerry never played football! BUT, oddly enough, there's another Gerry & Sue Kurowski in this area. She and I have the same dermatologist, and the last time she lost her cell phone, I got called to pick it up! (Unfortunately, I had my 40th reunion LAST year, so she must be younger than me, too.)

Anonymous said...

that explains everything. sorry about the mix up, but i still will read your blog.

MaryO said...

What a coincidence having two Sue and Gerry K's in the same area. Kurowski is not that common a name. But I thought for a moment you had been hiding some fascinating background information from us! LOL!
Sorry you had such a rotten day! But I love the plants and especially that dancing figure. And what a great moonlight shot of the geese!