Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photo of the Week - Father

This theme hung me up a bit. I posted a photo of my father not too long ago, and I didn't want to use that again. And I've been trying to use photos I've taken whenever possible.
My husband is not my father, BUT - he is a father to one, a step-father to three, a grandfather of two, a step-grandfather of almost three, and "daddy" to two dogs and a cat. I guess that works.
Here he is in a rare quiet moment on the deck - reading Dean Koontz, keeping the mosquitoes away with his pipe and a citronella candle. Looks pretty relaxed, doesn't he? Don't let him fool you.

3 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I like the soft light in this pic, Sue. Your husband certainly fits in the theme of 'father' and what a lovely, relaxing photo you've captured of him too.

Btw, Dean Koontz is my favourite author!

BumbleVee said...

a perfect photo for the theme.... looks like a great place to relax too....

JudiA said...

Anything goes in this challenge Sue, and he does look relaxed. Mmmmmm... I love the smell of pipe tobacco.