Friday, October 08, 2010

Doll Bookmark


Last night at the monthly meeting of Cloth Souls, we made little doll bookmarks. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but it's a simple body shape cut from tag board, and then a dress shape cut from paper or fabric. Some of the gals used wallpaper, some used beautiful fabrics, I used a napkin. Then the body shape is laminated and cut out with about 1/8" of lamination remaining around the edge. The face is done on a covered button, hair added, and thar you have it. I couldn't find the right size button cover, so mine's a little large, but this one isn't going anywhere, so I'm not too concerned.

I really like meeting with this group. We learn some little thing every meeting, but there's no pressure, no shows to put on, it's like getting together with a group of friends for sewing circle once a month.

The only "danger" - for me - is that it meets at Joann's in Mentor (OH) where I always find something extra to purchase. Last night I found a LOT of trims I couldn't leave behind - so I left the store $33 poorer with just a little bag of goodies!

4 comments:

:Diane said...

She's adorable. How fun!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

What a fantastic bookmark! Love this idea.

Shashi Nayagam said...

That is the cutest bookmark I have seen.

Enchanted Doll Maker said...

Oh Sue, the bookmark is adorable. I like that it was made with papers. Our club made one of fabrics and it was harder but a lot of fun. It is very very cute.