Sunday, January 19, 2014

Inspired by Carolyn

Inspired by my friend Carolyn (who was inspired by a doll she'd seen at another friend's house, plus an article in Sew Somerset about a doll named Lu-Cee by Linda Trenholm), I made this funny little, easy pointy headed doll.  She doesn't have a name yet.



What a fun way to use up a few home dec fabrics, and do some easy embellishing.  Her face is a face stamp (I have no clue where I got it) which has been colored with watercolor pencils.  The shoes are those inexpensive little clear ones you get in the wedding area of craft stores and sometimes even the dollar store.  I used Mod Podge and paper napkins on the exterior, and painted the interior over the Mod Podge that was inside.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling little shelf sitter! Love it, Sue.

Diane

Grasshoppa's Art Adventures said...

That is so cute, Guess I should look and see if I have face s tamps in my huge box of stamps since I cant do faces

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Cute!!!! now she needs a friend!

Xabi said...

muy bonito
felicidades

Lorna said...

This is so lovely---it definitely lives up to your wonderful profile picture.

Bear said...

Very cute Sue lovely!!!
Love n hugs bear xoxox