Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Final Details

I was corresponding with Kai last night and told her I still hadn't finished Starchild. I always get hung up on the shoes, even when I know what I'm going to do. I dashed the note to Kai and the little voice in my head said "What's your excuse? You have time. It's not as though you are REALLY going to pull out the vacuum cleaner at 9:30 at night!" And so...one hour later, shoes were done, eyelashes attached, and Starchild is complete.

Yes, I noticed her right eyelash wasn't stuck down all the way. It's fixed now.


Love those French organza flowers I bought at Joggles! (I still want to put a pair of them on ear wires and use them for earrings.)


Hand detail. Such serenity.

4 comments:

Kai said...

Sue, this is one of the most beautiful dolls I've ever seen. I mean it! She actually brings TEARS to my eyes because she gives me such a tremendous sense of peace. I'm in AWE of your talent, your ability to make a doll that truly SPEAKS, and YOU, in general!

Judi W. said...

She's beoootiful!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Very very beautiful! Your talent is obvious.

MaryO said...

It's unanimous, Sue, she is quite beautiful! Congratulations on getting her finished!