Saturday, August 25, 2007

Guess Who Came to Dinner?

Just yesterday, I posted some gardening woes to the "soapnuts" list. I made mention of the fact that we are losing the vegetable garden battle to the deer, and that the only surviving tomato plant is the one in a pot on the deck. When I got home from work last night, I saw a couple of red tomatoes, and went out to pick them. Found the leaves looking puny, and some telltale black worm poop on one of the 'maters. Then Dear Husband pointed to a green lump and said "What's that?" This is what "that" looked like after I pried him off our plant and flung him to the deck!

And while this is admittedly one fat and destructive worm, that is nothing more than a decking nailhead to his right.

1 comment:

TopVeg said...

But he is quite beautiful!