Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Photo - Meet Molly

We have a new pup in our house! We spent all weekend going from shelter to shelter and finally found this one. She was named Angel at the shelter, but we decided it didn't fit her. We had to go back so she and Murphy could meet face to face. We've named her Molly. She's about 29 pounds, they think she's between 9 months and a year old, and she's made herself right at home.



We figure we have two weeks or so of intensive training on the invisible fence, so she's house and leash-bound for now, but she's settled right in. As I told some other folks - Murphy needed a pet.

They've listed her as a lab mix. I feel reasonably sure she has some boxer in her, too. She has four white feet and a white chest and tummy. She's a cuddler, too. So far, only Cosmo seems to be slightly offended - but not unpleasant.

10 comments:

Michelle Eaton said...

She is so cute! Love her little white paws.

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is an absolutely darling.

Bear said...

wot a sweetie is she not an angel that's for sure but she surely is a pretty little girl- I hope she will continue to settle in and you will soon have her relaxed and you will also be - relaxed that is
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

She has kind eyes and a happy smile! Now you can say "this is our dog Murphy, and this is Murphy's dog Molly!" -Dawn

Jennifer Rose said...

aww she is really cute :D looks like a lab/staffie cross. I see more staffie or pitbul in her then boxer. either way it doesn't matter because she looks like such a happy girl and its great that you have adopted her from a shelter! :D

JudiA said...

Boxer and maybe a little bull terrior looking around the eyes too perhaps? I'm so happy that you have found each other and that Murphy enjoys his new friend.

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty! And I'm so glad you ended up with a black dog. I just hated that article that I read that said black dogs are always the last to get adopted. I think Pit when I see her, not so much Boxer, but god knows I'm no professional. I hope you get her all settled in soon. I know she'll love being Murphy's dog! - Jenny Wren :)

Wendy said...

wow she looks highly intelligent to me, lovely glossy coat too. I hope you have many happy years together :)

Serena Lewis said...

She has such a sweet face! I like the name Molly ~ :)

HElen said...

Adorable! and she is in great hands!