Sunday, July 05, 2009

Mail Call for Cosmo

Recently I received a package in the mail from my aunt & uncle. I love getting packages from them - the boxes are covered with stickers that make the mailman laugh, and there are always surprise goodies inside.

This time, in addition to books and some other things just for me (sometimes Oldtimer gets candy), there was a bundle of homegrown catnip, just for Cosmo. They were wondering if he would like it as much as their outdoor cats, though their indoor cats aren't interested. See what you think.
He found it on his own - no encouragement from me.
He rubbed his face on it.
He began to chew...
...and knead.


At this point, I tried to move it back on the desk. See the possessed look in his eye? I should have posted a photo of the scratches I received for my efforts.
The first things to go were the flower heads, but now he's working on the stripped down stalks.
Wearing out?
Maybe...but don't you try to take it!
Blissful exhaustion.

11 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

lol yeah our cat would get stoned off the stuff and we could never get it away from him until he passed out :p

MaryO said...

That is so funny! And such a beautiful cat he is!

Michelle Eaton said...

LOL, how funny is that! Your cat is beautiful.

Serena Lewis said...

LOL...how gorgeous he is! I'll bet he's hoping for another package of catnip sooner than later. lol

:Diane said...

I can totally relate. A carton of Ben and Jerry's and I'm in exactly the same mood.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

What a lovely cat Cosmos is. He really enjoy the catnip! LOL

Shashi Nayagam said...

I loved this post. Ha ha he makes me laugh. He does look as though he is obsessed with it lol!

Phyl said...

Oh, Sue....thanks for sharing these great pix of Cosmo and his catnip!Our cats go nuts for it also; just watch out for when he pukes it up after too much!He's lucky for the great "auntie and uncle"!And I do believe he's STILL growing!

JudiA said...

None of my cats has ever liked catnip - that is just too funny! I'm so glad you recorded the entire experience. I'll bet your aunt and uncle will be amused too. It was worth the postage just for the pictures, LOL.

Karen Becker said...

Sue, those pics are do darn funny! I got a good chuckle out of that one. Thanks for sharing!
Karen

Bear said...

I grew it in my garden and my old cat adored me for doing that- she would take up space--big space and cover the patch completely and heaven help me if I told her it was time to go inside even if I tried to bribe her by taking some off her uncovered areas I got told off every time
some adore it some just dont I am so happy to see Cosmo loves it hes in 7venth heaven like our Fridge used to be I seen those expressions before Cosmo...
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo