Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally Finished Something!

I got home at mid-day today, worked a bit on my day job, had a quick dinner, and was able to spend a little time in the treehouse. The treehouse where I spent far too much time on Saturday commiting a neatness, making sense of the stacks of new patterns and things I've printed from the internet.

The first thing that needed to be done was my portion on a round robin doll for one of the local clubs I'm in (Cloth Souls). I can't show that, even though I doubt any of those members read my blog.

But the other thing I managed to finish was my Healing Sun doll, started way back when. I'm really pleased with her - she makes me very happy.

Just for JudiA - a couple more photos of our mega frog - one from the back, showing what look like his pre-historic eyes.


The beautiful evening sky...and a shot of it reflected in the pond. You know, when we had this pond dug, I wasn't too sure about it, but now I can't believe how much time I spend there, and how much I love it.



11 comments:

Chaska Peacock said...

Your healing doll is FABULOUS!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your healing doll is beautiful. Love all the colours and embellisments that you have added.
How big is your mega frog. He looks quite big from the photo. He must be keeping all the bugs down in your garden

Jennifer Rose said...

the doll looks so bright and sunny :D

frog legs for dinner! ;)

Serena Lewis said...

your doll makes me smile too, sue. nice job....loved your pics too ~ :)

Artifice said...

Sue,

Your Healing Sun doll is incredible!!!! I love her. You did a wonderful job putting all of the different parts of her together with the face, headdress, beaded medallion, silver hands, fabric and beaded fringe. I am so envious. I need to get on the ball and create my Healing Sun doll.

Linda

Artfully yours, Linda said...

Very nice beadwork at the bottom and such fun colors. I'm scared of your frog!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Love your Healing Sun Doll! The colors are right up my alley! :)
That frog looks really Big! Maybe he has found a good spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner! LOL

HElen said...

Helaing doll is wonderful!

JudiA said...

Oh I love that doll! You did a beautiful job on her Sue. And thanks for the frog shots too - isn't he an amazing creature? Just how big is he, anyway?

Bear said...

love your healing doll Sue and that is one massive frog he is REAL?????- Mind you I also would spend much time down there its a lovely pond you made Sue
love n hugs bera xxoxoxoxox

Carla said...

Very beautiful healing doll. I love the orange. Such a happy color.