Sunday, August 30, 2009

Iowa retreat pincushion swap

I'm going to Sherry Goshon & Jean Bernard's dollmaker's retreat later in September. One of the weekend events is a pincushion swap, and I made mine using Jacque Uetz's basic technique - but mine looks a little different than her pretty ladies!
I made special pins for the pincushion, too...
And here's a little more detail on the challenge doll - my Harvest Witch. We're supposed to work in either a harvest theme, or a Halloween theme, and I thought I could tie together the two - everyone knows REAL witches aren't green and warty, right?

11 comments:

Sherry Goshon said...

wohooo i love it and i can't wait what fun we will have and we get to meet finally yippeee

Bear said...

oh goodness me Sue I love your DOD pincushion o me oh my she is sinsational totally sinsational!!!!!
oh and I also love your Harvest witch as well- and nope not all witches have green skin or warts and yours is a bewdyful girl totally and utterly lovely witchy poo!
Have fun at retreat I is going to miss while you are having fun so take your camera and take lots of pics polease
lottsa of love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh love the pincushion :D the little pins are great

your harvest witch doll looks wonderful, nope not all witches are green (blue, all are blue :p)

MaryO said...

Well, Jacque's pincushion is prettier, as you said, but yours is just as unique! I love those pins!
And your witch is wonderful...great job on the vegetables, too!

JudiA said...

HOLY COW!! Who cares about "pretty" when "not pretty" is so incredibe! Amazing! I need to know how you did the baby skulls for the pins.

Jean Bernard said...

woooohoooooooooo I LOVE your pin cushion! I think it is PRETTY since this is my kinda art. can't wait to see it in person and meet you too!
have a glorious day!
Jean

joggerellablog said...

Oh my goodness! I said eek! at the pin cushion and then felt that the young lady had such a sweet expression!

Serena Lewis said...

LOVE your Day of the Dead pincushion! Very unique!

Karen Becker said...

Sue, great job on the pincushion and doll!!
Karen Becker

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

What a great pincushion! I love the little pins that you made with the little skulls too. :)

Anonymous said...

Your pincushion is simply amazing!