Friday, September 11, 2009

A Piece of My Heart...


...stayed in the Phoenix area. Of course, anytime I visit any one of my children, a piece of my heart stays behind, but I left just a little bit more this time in this fantastic area.

I fell in love with fabulous vistas, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and the generally lively and happy feeling of the people.
Much as I love the photo above, I have to mention that it was one of the few places I saw power lines! When I returned home, the first two things I noticed about the Cleveland area were the comparatively horrible condition of the roads and the cluttered, industrial look with power lines and poles marching everywhere through the landscape! Funny, how quickly you adjust to different vistas.

3 comments:

joggerellablog said...

Hey Sue, My mother-in-law passed away this week. I remember on a trip to Hilton Head with her in 1974 (Hilton Head development was in its infancy,) that she used your words, "Funny how quickly you adjust to different vistas!" It stays with me whenever I travel! Sounds like the Phoenix area might be your next location!

Jennifer Rose said...

I forgot how ugly power lines can be when we were back in Canada. You don't really have them here

Diane said...

So glad you enjoyed your visit to my home state. Sniff, I miss the mountains a lot. Arizona has tried really hard to clean up the view. There was a anti-litter campaign when I was a kid and you know how long ago that was! Now there are billboard and sign regulations that help to keep Arizona streets and highways beautiful. (That's something Houston needs to work on.) Of course, the old Burma Shave signs had to go away, too.