Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Winter Blooms

My dear Oldtimer knows how I get when real winter sets in - frantic (trapped?) and low. It doesn't take very many days of winter to get into that frame of mind, either. He brought home some bright spots of indoor winter blooms to help alleviate some of that feeling. I'm so grateful!Magenta kalanchoe blooms for the dressing table in the bedroom.


A fabulous amaryllis on the buffet in the dining room.

Outside, the landscape is monochromatic - the only spots of color are the cardinals and bluejays in the lilac bush. (Well, the fire hydrant is a bright spot of red, but I don't make a habit of photographing that.) All images should be clickable to view larger.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

What a wonderful man :) I hate December and am glad it is over and I can look forward to brighter times.

rebecca said...

tender and thoughtful.